Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Blogger Hax0ring

Well, finally managed to kill that bar at the top. Added some light borders to the entrys, and am trying to figure out what the hell im going to do with the sidebar. Also, the green used in the titles has gotta go, I'm thinking maybe some sort of yellow tinted grey. The plan is to do some collapsable sections in the sidebar for things like recommended reading, music, etc. That about me thing has gotta move too, still not sure where though.

I must say, firefox makes this a breeze. View selected source makes checking out the generated code easy as pie, and the dom inspector is invaluable for finding specific elements fast. I would say its high time to start pushing for firefox compatibility at work, developing for ie is a hell of alot more painful.

Oh yeah, if you want to kill the banner, the way I did it was to set the innerHTML of b-navbar to "", and set the border/background color to black. Getting rid of ad banners will alwas be a hack, but if anyone has a better way of doing it, let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home